As Paul begins to instruct Titus on the qualifications for those who would be appointed to the office and work of the elders in the church, two important phrases must be noted.
I. NO OBSTRUCTION
A. "Any man"
1. Any man can seek the office
2. It is God’s will that leadership be open to qualified individuals
B. One must not be limited nor hindered.
1. Not by race, social or economic level, etc.
2. Not by human qualifications or requirments
II. NO OMISSION
A. “Must Be”
B. These are necessities
1. The are qualifications in that he must have the training and experience.
2. They are characteristics in that these traits define who the man is
C. These are non-negotiable
1. Must be done God’s way!
2. It is God’s House!